Since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse (Romans 1:20 TNIV).
Friend to Friend
I believe one of the greatest inventions of the twentieth century was the Post-It Note. First there was yellow. Then came fuchsia, turquoise, buttercup, and magenta. From full-page mega notes to tiny little strips, sticky notes have saved me from embarrassment, kept me organized, and helped me memorize. Mostly, they have served as visual reminders of information, events, and appointments not to forget.
But visual reminder of things not to forget didn’t begin with Post-It Notes. They began with God, Himself. All through life God places Post-It Notes on our days to remind us of Him. Just the other day, I jotted down a few of God’s Post-It Notes.
- The sunrise with swirls of mist rising from the lake behind my home
- A vibrant red male cardinal and his demure wife sharing the bird feeder
- Boisterous Canadian geese flying in V-formation across the sky
- Tulip bulbs peeping through the ground
- Dogwood blossoms heralding Easter’s approach
- The weeping willow praising God in the breeze
- A monarch butterfly perched on the windowsill
- Midday sunlight dancing on the water
- A baby’s cry
- A little girl’s giggle
- Orange, magenta and red streaks across the sky as the sun bid goodnight
- A sliver of white in the inky sky with a smattering of twinkles all around
- My husband’s hand reaching for me in the night
Each and every one of these sightings was God’s reminders to me that He has infused my life with His presence. Through His creation, God longs for us to see and discover – observe and remember – His creative beauty, His enduring grace, and His fathomless mercy.
In the Bible, Paul wrote to the Romans, “Since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse” (Romans 1:20 TNIV). If we do not hear from God today, if we do not see His fingerprints through creation, we are without excuse. His is speaking to us all day long with holy post-it notes, and it seems to me Hs voice is sweetest in Spring.
Dear Lord our Creator, I am in awe of Your creation today. Help me to never take You or Your handiwork for granted. I pray that I will always be amazed at the sunrise and the sunset and all that falls in-between. I love You.
In Jesus’ Name,
Now it’s your turn
Today, look for God’s Post-It Notes in your life today.
Consider getting a pad of Post-It Notes and jot down visual reminders of God that grab your attention. Write your observations on the notes and post them around your home.
If you have children, consider giving them a pack of Post-It Notes and have them jot down things that remind them of God throughout their day. Before bedtime, share your Post-It Notes as a family.
I’d love for you to share your post-it-notes with me and your girlfriends in God. Log onto