Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever, (1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV).
Sometimes we like what life serves up—and sometimes we don’t. But most of the time it simply depends on the attitude of the person holding the spoon. Such was the case one evening when I went to dinner with friends to the Sanitary Fish Market.
I know that is a strange name for a seafood restaurant, but it was a great place that everyone frequented in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. Because the food was good, I guess it was an added perk to know that it was sanitary as well.
When I was 18, I had dinner at the Sanitary with some friends. Three of us were Christians and usually took a moment to ask a blessing before we ate a meal, but we had not eaten in a restaurant with Larry before. Larry was a macho man who claimed to be in control of his own destiny. He didn’t need God. So when we bowed our heads to pray, Larry held his head high as if to say, “I might be at the same table with these people, but I’m not one of them.”
We all ordered clam chowder as an appetizer. We had the same waitress and same chowder from the same pot. We three Holy Rollers (the name we acquired because of a ten-second prayer) dipped our spoons into our bowls and tasted chowder full of tender clams and steamy potatoes.
Then proud Larry dipped in his spoon to retrieve only broth. “Why is your chowder full of clams and potatoes,” he demanded, “and all I have is broth?”
Larry was about to call the waitress over to complain when I looked up and said, “Well, maybe it’s because we asked God to bless ours and you didn’t.”
Larry didn’t complain to the fine people at the Sanitary but ate crow instead.
Just as we listen to God day-by-day, He is listening to us. And nothing warms His heart like a grateful and thankful heart. What is He hearing from you today?
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for everything! Help me to always have a grateful heart that never ceases to be amazed and awed at Your protection and provision in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Now It’s Your Turn
Romans 1 is a sobering chapter. Right smack dab in the middle of the description of the perverse nation (which sounds an aweful lot like ours today), there is one line that strikes my heart. What does 1:21 say that the people refused to do?
Read David’s prayer of thanksgiving in 1 Chronicles 16:7-36.
Leave a comment and tell me 5 things you are thankful for in addition to Jesus and your family. I know you are thankful for those two above all else! Tell me 5 more things you are thankful for.
Do you love a good story? I do! Stories tug at the heart and open the eyes to the truths of Scripture in a way only God can do. I have complied 100 of my favorite stories and devotions into one book titled, Listening to God Day-by-Day. It is the perfect book for a quick pick-me-up before you start your busy day or a sweet dreams closure before you turn off the bedside lamp at night.
And here’s some good news, this book is specially priced for the month of June. Get one for yourself, and we’ll include another free for you to share. It won’t show up on your receipt, but we’ll make sure it is included in your package.
Just wanted to share with you the great impact your article titled “Shabby Chic Refinish” had on so many of my friends as well as me. I share your devotional emails with a group of 20 and this particular email really hit home for many of them. I have never received so many responses back. Thank you so much for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and sharing your life’s experiences whether good or bad.
I am grateful for:
provision of daily basic needs;
a good heart.
I am super grateful for a lot more but you said only 5!
I am thankful for GOD’s mercy and grace, my life, his divine interventions, his faithfulness. the friends/people that he has placed into my life and his presence.
2. fellowship in Christ with other women
3. God’s Word
4. the ocean
5. flowers and green growing things
I am thankful for my comfortable home. I can look around me and I am reminded of times my husband and I have saved and then shopped for items that fill our abode. I am thankful for my church family. They are a rock of support and inspiration for me. I am thankful for my wonderful friends that I can talk and have fun with. I am thankful for my Bible and the Holy Spirit that guides my thoughts and makes His Word relative to my situations. I am thankful for our pediatrician and his office staff. (I know that’s a little weird in here but I visited there this morning!) They always work my kids in and are pleasant to interact with. It is easy to trust them because I know they have my children’s best interests at heart.
it is difficult to stop with five!
I am thankful for the fan blowing on this hot, hot day:) I am thankful for God allowing me to pray with and for people:) I am thankful that I am able to serve at our churches food pantry:) I am thankful for having a home to go to every night:) I am thankful that the Holy Spirit lives in me!:)
1. The country in which I still have the freedom to worship God.
2. The job that He has so graciously given to me.
3. The tired body that I have at the end of a long day as it means I am happy and able to do.
4. The dirty dishes that fill my sink after a good meal, which means my family is home with me and we have plenty to eat.
5. The fact that He meets my needs each and evey day!!!!
Thankful for good health, part time job, my cat, warm house and some good friends
I am thankful for my changing and loving husband who has been by my side for 40
years as a good friend, and who now addresses Christ as a real presence in our lives and our marriage.
I am thankful for a personal relationship with Christ and the many joys we share. Prayer and song, and teachings, and Christian fellowship.
I am thankful for health, for wonderful treatments for cancer and heart disease–both
afflictions to me. I have learned of Christ’s amazing healing.
I am thankful for a safe community to live in, for wise and caring people.
Five things I am thankful for:
1. My health and the health of my Peeps and friends
2. God is a great Promise-Keeper
3. Removing my high places 2nd Kings 12:3
4. My girlfriends
5. Helping me to cherish my wilderness while I wait patiently for Him to heal a broken friendship.
I am thankful my mother is still with us at 87 years. I am thankful my mother in law is 94 and still here. I am thankful my husband has a job that meet our needs. I am thankful we live in America, even with all our problems, still the greatest country with freedom. I am thankful for our health. I am thankful for the next breath….It all comes from our Heavenly Father who loves us and gave His only son so we might have abundant life in HIM!!!! I am thankful for your devotions that make us realize all we have to be thankful for!!!
I’m thankful for my job, my home, the Canadian health care system, that I had a happy, normal childhood, and God’s protection over me and my loved ones.
I am so grateful for many things. After being fired from one job and not working for 14mos, I now have a job I love. I am thankful for my beautiful yet humble home. My pets and my children who are also my friends. My good health, plenty of wholesome food, my time spent with my grandchildren, I am grateful for Skyping so I can see them when they are far away. My old but dependable car. I have many things to keep me comfortable that
other people pray for and gratitude and praise is all I have to give HIM.
2. Ability to pay our bills
3. Freedom to practice our faith
5. Ability to read…because I have found the bible has become my best friend.
I’m thankful for the future hope I have in Christ, for the health of myself and my loved ones, for the opportunity to work in a Christian environment, for my best friend that I can tell everything and anything to, and for people like you who write these quick yet fulfilling devotionals for busy moms like myself.
Acceptance from God throught the sacrifice of His Son
GIGs emails in my inbox
Meeting others who know Jesus as their Saviour
Wonderful Christian music to bear me up when I’m struggling
I am thankful for my apostle and the first lady of my church. I am thankful God had shined upon me and has given me eyes to see what I have been blinded to for so many years. I am thankful God has keep me safe in his arms al along. Amen
This is Kalyani from India, saved about 3 years back..
The 5 things I am thankful towards Lord are:
1) I have stopped betraying myself, and started loving more, when I got to know that God loves me the way I am.
2) I have become bold beyond recognition.
3) I am thankful for the new me, where all the past is just past
4) I am thankful for the improved financial and emotional condition of myself after believeing Jesus died for me.
5) And last but not the least, I thank Lord for showing the confidence in me and making me the lamy household
I am so very thankful for my warm, comfortable home, my amazing job, my loving parents, my great bible study ladies, my fun co-workers, a vehicle that takes me wherever I want to go, a great upbringing in which I have always known God….so many things to be thankful for…it’s hard to stop!
I thank God for His:
1. That I have a friendship with the most important person in my life.
2. That God’s given me things to do for Him.
3. That I’m blessed with a flat so conveniently near the shops.
4. That I’m not addicted to drugs or alcohol.
5. That I can move my fingers to type all this.
I’m thankful for God’s salvation, provision, my family and my boyfriend, my result and my 5M coming my way. I am thankful for much much more.
THANK YOU JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 things I am thankful for:
1. My Job.
2. Whatever materialistic luxuries I have and I see people who don’t have it.
3. My health.
4. Hope in my heart for all circumstances
5. For the house I can call a home.
1. God’s grace
2. Living on the seacoast of NH- God’s creation is awesome
3. Working with 4 Christian women and sharing in prayer
4. My grandchildren
5. For each new day – Lam 3:23
6. A husband who loves the Lord and is first in his life
I am thankful to God for my life and His unfailing love. It amazes me when I see so vividly the hand of God in my life. there are things that come way my way that i know it is not because I am special or more beautiful but it is by His grace, love and mercy. Thank you God for loving me so much . Thank you so much Jesus Christ for the cross. I will forever praise the good name of God. Amen
I’m thankful for the opportunity to serve my God, my heath, Christian friends, my church, and that my name is written in the LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE
Five things I am grateful for:
1. My need of needing HIM.
2. A sound mind & inner peace
3. A love for God’s Word
4. Sisters In Christ
5. His daily provision while being unemployed for four years.
6. A great son-in-love after losing my only son @ a early age.
7. The morning sun, the chirping of birds & the white clouds in the sky.
8. The laughter of friends
9. The love of music & the ability to hear it.
10. My health
I am so thankful for so many answered prayers this year! My parents were able to move closer to my brother, a partime job so that I can spend time with my precious daughter, my husband is able to do a masters in leadership at no cost to us, a church where people. Love the lord and serve others and Gods abundant provision and protection.
I am so thankful for good health, protection and provision.My job, which although has not brought commensurate financial gratification nor promotion as desired; it has opened my eyes to my capabilities and possible options for career growth.
I also thank God for the opportunity of life and the different gifts He bestowed on me.
I am thankful for my job, my opportunity to go back to school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner, for God’s beautiful creation, music, and my church. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband of 29 years, 5 beautiful children (of which 3 are actively following Christ) and 2 adorable grandchildren (so far). All praise to God!
I am so thankful to God for my brother, who God has changed completely. I am thankful for just having the opportunity for a phd. I am thankful God has brought the right friends who share the same goals and kept them in my life. I am thankful the school is sponsoring my trip to Nigeria for my research, I am thankful that I got a partial scholarship for a program I applied for.
I am thankful for my home, my job, books (I love to read), the beautiful mountains where we live and summer because I can wear sandals (smile). God is so good.
-My Garden, my husbands retirement, my church family, a rainy spring, and that our home is in a relatively safe location. Thank You Lord!
I am thankful for God choosing me to be a member of His family. I am thankful for trials and tribulations, in them my faith is increased. (I don’t like them but I know there is good to come out of it, because He says so) I am thankful for home, food and dress. Good health and grandchildren and the list goes on.
1. Good Friends
2. Physical Health
4. Children (especially mine)
As I sit here watching my best friend lose her battle with cancer, I am thankful for
1. The chance I have to be with her at the end
2. The prayers and encouraging words from both my blood family and my Christ family
3. God’s Spirit soothing me and giving me the strength to do this
4. The sound of the birds each morning as the sun comes up
5. The knowledge that she will be with her Father in heaven and I will see her again.
I am Thankful for life, relationships, vacations, nature, and music! 🙂
I am thankful to God Almighty for my health, education, career, all of my material blessings and above all a grateful & sensitive heart towards God’s love..
Thank you Sharon for your insights. The Lord uses them to speak to my heart!
I am thankful for the Lord Jesus! Where would I be without him. I am thankful for the peace we have with him In the middle of a chaotic world and trials of life. I am thankful for my Church and my circle of community in my church for iron sharpens iron.
They keep me grounded and help me to stay on the right track. I thank God for America, even with all its struggles it is the best country in the world. My husband is at the top of this list also. A wonderful man of God! Then my Daughters and their husbands and grandchildren!!!!
Health, sale of house, helping daughter with her children, attending step grandson’s high school graduation, meeting more extended family
1. Nature and all living things
2. My job and my ability to still be doing
3. My coco, I was lonely.
4. Living in a country where we can practice our faith
I am thankful for so many things, here are a few
1. A job to go to
2. Cancer free for 4 years
3. A wonderful home to live in
4. A great church to be apart of
5. A nice community to reside in
I am thankful for the roof over my head.
I am thankful that my cancer is under control
I am thankful my pain is manageable
I am SO thankful that God reached out to me when I was so broken in spirit
I am thankful for my two dogs. I live alone and they are my loyal and best friends!
1. Forgiveness, especially from God and my husband
2. God’s provision for our family
3. The dreams and goals God has put on my heart
4. My friends, especially Leah Dancie, who has been such a blessing in my spiritual life
5. My health and the health of my husband and children
I am thankful for:
1. 2nd chances to get it right.
2. God’s lessons and discipline when we misbehave and don’t obey him.
3. The peace that comes into my heart when I do it His way.
4. The ability to ask for forgiveness when I’m wrong and can say I’m sorry when I need to.
5. The Bible. What kind of chaos would my life always be in if I didn’t know that I could turn to God’s word and find hope, love, redemption, peace, and salvation through Jesus Christ?
I am thankful for my five sense so that I can enjoy all of God’s creation, the freedom to worship, God’s loving arms to give me the strength , my pastor who is always there when you need him and all things God has given me and my family! Amen
1. The rain and sunshine
2. The Holy Spirit
3. God’s mercy
4. My granddaughter Jersey who we have guardianship over
5. That God Loves me, more than ican possibly imagine
1) my job taking care of children
2) good health
3) my wonderful pastors and my church
4) that my great nephews live close so I can spend time with them
5) free country
1.I’m thankful for the beauty of all creation! On earth and in space! 2. I’m thankful for the five senses God gave us so that we can enjoy life! 3.I’m thankful for man God gave me! He is my husband and best friend! 4. I’m thankful for a praying Mom! She prays for her children every day! 5. I’m thankful that God isn’t finished with me yet! He’s molding and shaping me each day into I look more like Jesus! <3 🙂
3. A coffee in the morning
4. Having a loving Father who constantly walks by me.
6. Prayer unconditionally
I thank God for:
– being the strength I need able to do the things He wants me to do
– awaking healthy enough to do all He would have me do today for His sake
– being able to hear the birds sing
– for the rain we had yesterday
– for not forgetting about me
1. The sweet songs of birds.
2. The warm water swirling in my spa.
3. For the opportunity to help others.
4. For the beautiful smiles of children.
5. That God gracefully meets all of my familys needs.
5 things for which I am thankful:
1) God’s grace & mercy–2nd chances, 3rd chances ….
3) trees, sunshine & springtime flowers
4) creative people who inspire me
5) God’s promises & faithfulness
1.) my job
2.) my health
3.) a working vehicle
4.) my relationship with my sister
5.) my weight loss
For healing of my knee replacement done on 4-9-13
For my wonderful godly husband
For my parents and the heritage they gave me..a good childhood
For a wonderful church and fellowship
For good health
The list could go on and on….
I’m thankful for mercy that I don’t have to earn, for parents who raised me in a Christian home, for my happy home, for miracles, and hugs from my daughters!
I’m thankful for:
1. Great neighbours
2. Everyone who’s fed my cats when I’ve been away
3. Unity in our family during a very difficult and painful time
4. A job
5. The best send off during my Father’s funeral that I could have asked for!
I am thankful for another day to be a better Christ follower, mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend,person.
For all of my abilities.
For the sunshine.
For my faith.
For God’s unconditional love
I am thankful for opportunities to study my profession at a special conference. I am thankful for wifi that allows me to read devotions from anywhere and a country in which I am allowed to carry my Bible even to a secular conference. I am thankful for Dore’s comments above which make note of her faithful husband who has has realized God is really there with them in life (there is hope). And I am thankful for God’s creative imagination in making our beautiful world – and that am able to take a few days to see His creations.
I am thankful for the house God has provided. We lost ours of 30 years.
I am thankful for the new Christian women God has put in my life.
I am Thankful for God calling me to a deeper prayer life with Him.
I am thankful for the time God has given me.
I am thankful for God’s hand in my 1 year remission (and counting).
I’m thankful for my journey with the Lord over the last year. He lead me from brokenness, anorexia, cutting and attempted suicide to an overwhelming joy, peace and rest found only in Him. Oh my, how our God can restore! I no longer loath myself, but call myself a wonderful, loved, daughter of the King! I am thankful for God given prayer, perseverance and deliverance. I am thankful that even when we’d like to give up on ourselves, God never does! I am thankful for my husband, my kids and friends – especially those few who know ALL about me, and love me anyway! So glad our God sees all of me, (even when I tried to hide) and ran after me with a love so powerful I could no longer deny it’s truth. God Bless you all! Praise and glory to our Father forever and ever. Amen! Amy D.
1. The guidance of the Holy Spirit
2. Mercy and grace
3. A compassionate and understanding boss
4. God’s plan for my life (even though it is not clear right now :-D)
I am thankful for
1. the mommy cardinal in her nest outside our window and her babies birds and for the daddy cardinal that also feeds them
2. thankful for the rain
3. thankful that God has brought good people into our lives for specific purposes
4 thankful for the a great place to live
5 thankful for the gift of laughter
6 thankful for the morning phone call that makes me smile
1. surviving the severe storm that passed through last night with no roof or wall leakage
2. for the beautiful little chickadees enjoying the morning after in my flowers
3. air conditioning and in general, electricity
4. everyday needs that are met
5. good health for me and my family
I am thankful for my salvation, for a forgiving God, for my husband, my children and my grandchildren. These are my first five. I am also thankful for God’s blessing: the world has so many colors, and smells, and tastes; my Pastor and church family, Bible Study Fellowship and women like you who are following the Lord’s leading and teaching other women. May God bless you in all you do.
The 5 things I’m thankful for goes as follows
1- the 32 1/2 years I had with my first born son that God blessed me with before He called my son home to Him
2- For the chance to raise me great niece. we have had her from the time she was 6 months old. She starts school this coming school year
3- My church family that accepts me as I am and still loves me
4- for my other 2 grown children that are healthy and happy with their life
5- for all of Gods Love and forgiveness and undying grace.
In Christ Love
I am so very grateful for God sparing my life last December when I was hospitalized with myocarditis—a respiratory infection attacked my heart and literally wiped me out. It is 6 months today since that occurred and I am a miracle walking! I am almost fully recovered and able to get out and go and work again.
I praise God for the time in the bed when I was able to soak in godly preaching and teaching and learn to fully rest in Him.
I am thankful for my husband, Jay, who supported me with his love and care when I couldn’t do anything but lie around.
I am thankful for my family and friends who visited, brought meals, drove me to the doctor, called to encourage me and prayed constantly…and I learned how much I am loved.
I am thankful that during this time, my son found a job and is able to support himself …and he loves it!
I am thankful that God provided financially during that 6 months when I was only able to work an hour a day by phone and laptop….another miracle.
What I have learned is HOW vast is His love for us and there really is nothing to fear when you are His!
I am thankful for:
1. My job
2. living in America
3. the soldiers who fight for my freedom
4. the warm sunshine each day
5. the birds chirping in the morning
I am thankful that God keeps reminding me to be thankful. He has given me so much (of course I can’t mention Jesus or my family), including a good job where I can be a tool of His love to young people who don’t know him; a great church where I can learn practical Christian living in a fun way; I’m thankful for the Internet because I can easily learn more about God and keep in touch with friends and family that I don’t get to see; He has given me a calling that really seems to frighten me, yet I know He will complete the good work He has begun in me; and I am thankful for all the beauty that surrounds me–whether in nature, art, music, books, people, animals, architecture…etc…(Did I manage to keep it to 5? sort of)
God healing me of cancer; laughter; close friends; salvation; and a way to get to meet you wonderful ladies and have these awesome devotions!
BTW, when we took our group homes to the beach, we ate at the Sanitary Restaurant too! It was wonderful and the staff was so helpful!
Have a very blessed day!
4. church family
5. answered prayer
I AM THANKFUL FOR: (just to name a few..)
1-The sound of the birds singing to me this morning.
2-The RAIN we have been blessed with – and that which we’ll have in the future!
3-The view from my back porch.
4-The faith that has developed within my husband.
5-The PEACE we have about the path we are being shown.
I am thankful for:
1. Freedom of religion-so thankful that I can worship, pray, read my Bible, and talk openly
about God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. God enabling me to walk by faith and not by sight.
3. Good friends that love, encourage, and care for me no matter what.
4. The beauty of the Earth-God has given us so many fascinating things to see and
5. My home-a warm, comfortable place. A place to gather with family and friends.
I am thankful that God planted my roots deep at Trnity Chruch International in 1995; thankful that my name is written in the Lamb’s Book Of Life; thankful that He trusts me to go out into this world and share HIS amazing love with this lost and dying world; thankful that HE chose to wake me up today and give me another chance; thankful that have a job to go to, a roof over my head, andmy health 🙂
M very grateful for the salvation, for having Jesus as my personal savoir is a such a great blessing that makes me not to lack or suffer. His mercy and grace that are upon my family and His divine protection upon us. There is so much that i am grateful about having Jesus in my life its countless.
1. The opportunity and availability for me to go to college
2. My health
3. The church that I attend and all of the wonderful people in it.
4. The Texas sun
5. My job
Today I am Thankful for G.I.G. I am Thankful for my mentors. I am Thankful for the ladies in my Esther Ministry. I am Thankful that I have a home to go to and spend alone time when needed! I am Thankful for being able to hear the sounds of laughter and music! Those are my five things, but I have sooo much more that I am Thankful for!
I’m thankful for HOT water .. We had a gas leak that took a week to repair. Also thankful God allowed it in the summer and not winter when we’d need gas to heat our home!
Thankful for the wind , the way a cool breeze feels and it’s sound through the trees
Time together as a family before my son moves
A home of my own
Gods faithfulness !
I am thankful for:
1. Girlfriends In God daily devotions
3. Christian believers all ocpver the world who serve and worship God even in times of persecution.
4. Christian radio stations
5. Christian leaders in the church, workplace, government, communities.
I am thankful for his grace and mercy, thanksful for my health and strength, for my job, my house, my friends, for God bringing me to this point in my life, giving me everything I need……
I’m thankful for a second chance,for His guidance,everyday protection in such a violent city,for always meeting my needs,for simply being with me at all times!
I am thankful for the sun that I haven’t seen much of recently, the gas in my car so I could get to work this morning, my great friends who always take my call and listen to me or kick me in the backside if I need it, my church and everyone in it, and having a job to go to every day where people appreciate me.
I needed to think about this today, thank you for challenging me to do so!
I am beyond thankful for a saving God who has rescued me from the grips of anorexia!! I am eternally grateful for His all-mighty strength that fills me each day to continue the battle, for my handsome & supportive husband of 22 years, for our 4 living daughters, (and even for our angel son in Heaven) and for the awesome power God shows to me every single day in His promising word!! His healing hands are amazing….May God Bless you all!
I just wanted to tell you that even though I don’t know you, you are my sister in Christ. I also wrote in Sharon’s blog today. (@ 12:57pm). I prayed today for all different people. Today, before I even read this blog, I prayed for someone named “Jen”. God often puts people on my heart that I do not know, I wonder if it was you? Anyway, please know that there is a sister out here praying for you. Praying that you can find your way to wholeness. I know it’s not an easy path – but it’s a place God is taking you through. (Isaiah 43:1-4a). God doesn’t intend to leave you there, in fact He is walking every dark and lonely step with you. You are His chosen child, his treasured possession (Deut. 7:6) and he loves you completely. Jen, God is with you and I want you to know I will be praying for you. I will offer up this pray for you, precious one, which is taken from Eph. 3: 14-21…”For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives it’s name. I pray for Jen, that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen her with power through his Spirit into her inner being, so that Christ may dwell in Jen’s heart through faith. And I pray that Jen…may have power…to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses understanding – that she may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. To HIM be the glory – forever and ever Amen!” He is with you, and I am pulling for you! Hang in their priceless daughter of the King! You are worth more than all the riches of the world, you are worth the perfect blood of the Lamb of God!! Sincerely, Amy D.
I am thankful for my church family. It always gives me a lift to go to church, even when I’m not feeling the best. I am thankful for my home, where I am safe and protected. I am thankful for answered prayers, as without them I would not be here. I am thankful for a good doctor, that has seen me through many physical trials. I am thankful for God’s unending grace and mercy towards this fallen world.
I am thankful for life, health, a job, a home, and the fact that god is showing and teaching me new things and life lessons everyday and keeping me protected, for i am one of his children.
I am thankful for shelter, food, my right/sane mind, my job/income, my health. I just want to praise him for all of that because in spite of the fact that I have had to be home th last 3 days because of not having any gas and no money to get gas and I do mean that literally, I still thank him for giving me a position that I am able to do some of my work from home. While home, we do have food in the refrigerator and beds and a/c, water, electric, to utilize as I wait for payday. I felt like breaking and crying and just giving up, but God!!!! He sustained me through it all because I know there is somebody who does not have a job and know a check is coming or a safe place to live or food in the cabinet or bills to pay. Pray for me and my family
I am thankful that I can have joy no matter the circumstances, that I have two jobs that I love, that I have godly friends that walk this road with me, for the church God planted us in, that all our needs are met.
I am thankful for good health, Gods mercy, forgiveness,the ability to walk, talk, the capacity of my mind. Roof over my head, clothes on my back and then some. I am Most grateful for the Peace that passes ALL understanding. Sound mind. I guess I am grateful for AnYTHING that has to do w/ having Christ in my life.
1 – My Bible preaching church
2 – The sunshine that always comes after a storm
3 – The sounds of life outside my door
4 – Unending mercy and grace
5 – The health of me and my family
1) hearing… to enjoy the beautiful songs of the birds, the rooster, the donkey
2) sight… so many pretty flowers and trees blooming this time of year
3) physical ability… so refreshing to be able to “play in the dirt” in the garden
4) sunrises… with cool, fresh breezes to savor
5) abilities… so many wonderful things God has enabled me to do with my hands
Five things I’m thankful for:
1. Living in a time and place where I have not only my needs but any imaginable comfort available to us – keeps me mindful of those who lived in harder times or in harder places
2. Having a job that I love which allows me to help others
3. Familiarity with tough times, giving me an appreciation for better times
4. Freedom to worship openly without fear of persecution
5. The power of prayer to pray for those who live in countries where persecution is real and for those who have current ongoing struggles
1.Being able to read the Bible, pray or go to church without worrying about it.
2. I get to put one foot in front of the other everyday.. A friend and I are doing the couch to 5k and we are at week 6 out of 9 when we first started didn’t think I would finish week 1. I am not a runner so we call it turtling along.
3. I know you said no family but my husband he goes out and works in this heat everyday and doesn’t complain he served 27 years in the Army and now works on Post keeping a lot of their stuff running for soldiers.
4. watching our grand daughter being born.
5.ocean, and the mountains my favorite place to go and relax
Having two people in my life who have had major life changes recently, I’ve thanked the Lord for these blessings:
1. The strength to stand up and WALK.
2. To be able to HUG my family.
3. To have the ability to do household CHORES and do things for my family.
4. For my HUSBAND’S JOB and money-management skills that allows me to not have to work so I can stay home to take care of my kids and elderly mom.
5. For KIND & CARING HEALTHCARE WORKERS, FRIENDS, & CHURCH FAMILY who show love and encouragement.
I Praise You Lord!
1. Thankful for a job to support my family
2. Thankful to have a roof over my and my family’s head
3. Thankful for my church family
4.Thankful for my health
5. Most importantly thankful for my trials and tribulations for during these times I am reminded He is in control and brings me to closer relationship with Him and to repent my sins and put it at his feet! Very humbling
Thank you Lord!
I am thankful to the Lord who saved my soul years ago; my renewed health after cancer; my home and being back after 8 years (there’s no place like HOME!), promise of a new job, and the promise of a wonderful home in Heaven one day.
The healthy bodies of my family, my husband’s job that provides for us, good friends, living in a free country where we are free to worship without fear, the rain today and the changing seasons.
I am thankful for:
1) receiving the GiGs daily devotional
2) having God help me make cookies this morning when I was missing two main ingredients and getting them at 4am and 6am in the morning.
3) how God takes care of me and helps me with my finances
4) having a motivated son to finish his project for school on his own
5) for my job that keeps me wondering if I am coming or going sometimes, but to be truthful, I love every minute of it. (Well mostly every minute of it, winks )
My five things: (this list could go on and on):
1. Having a job that changes lives
2. That I can afford my car payments
3. A boy friend who puts my needs first
4. That I woke up this morning alive and able to work
5. The support of those who have taken care of me in my recent illness
I am thankful for:
Another day of life
Health for me and my family
Knowing HE is in control ( in all circumstances)
Nature (especially trees, love their shapes, how deeply rooted they are, the colors they change into)
Laughter followed by tears
5 things I am grateful for:
1. My dog jack who keeps me from being lonely
2. My church that keeps me spiritually feed!
3. My car, still running!
4. I have a new opportunity everyday to choose to live the right way.
5. To practice an attitude of gratitude.
I am thankful to God for providing for me, protecting me from evil, for creating world, for all to enjoy, for the day and age in which I live,and for the freedom that I have to say “no”.
Five things that I am thankful for:
1. The job of my heart’s desire that God has provided for me.
2. A wonderful church family who prays for me and remembers me even though I have to work on Sunday mornings.
3. I am thankful that when I die, I will see Jesus.
4. I am thankful that God is faithful to me even when I am unfaithful to him.
5. I am thankful that I live in a country where i can freely praise Jesus, go to church and witness to other people without worrying about being thrown in prison, be investigated, or being killed because of my love for Jesus (at least so far!)
For SUNSHINE! Haven’t seen it much lately!
For God’s healing hand on my mom as she battles cancer
For the smiles and laughter of my children
For my husband’s hand to hold
For the support I get from my sister and brother! I have the best siblings in the whole world!
2. Godly heritage
3. God’s Word
I am thankful:
1. For the guidance my fellow Christian friends and family have brought opened me up to
2. For every breath I am able to take.. (Life)
3. For God’s love and forgiveness.
4. For having a home to share with my loved ones
5. For having a job to help pay for the home that I share with my loved ones.
*6. For wonderful people like you, Sharon Jaynes and Gwen Smith to share such wonderful literature that have inspired and helped me through my times of struggles. God Bless you!
Hey my sweet sister Sharon!
I hope and pray you’re having a wonderful and blessed day in the Lord! I read your devotional today and as always I was completely blessed. Y’all asked for 5 things that God has blessed me with well here my list:
(1) Friends (4) Different Types Of Entertainment
(2) My Church Family (5) I’m sorry I can’t think of a fifth 1.
(3) Poncho My Pet Bird
1- My relationship with my Heavenly Father.
2- My family
3- My praying mother
4- Christian friends
5-Girl Friends In God
1. Grateful for God’s Love and Mercy
2. Grateful for my job
3. Grateful for the opportunity to transfer back to Texas where my son is with this new job
4. Grateful for my sister
5. Grateful my new car
I am thankful for my health, Gods unconditional love, grace and mercy…new each day.
I am thankful for my job and the people I work with and serve.
I am thankful for online devotionals
I am thankful for the rain which makes the sun that much better
I am thankful for Christian music …and The Message…which soothes my soul
I am thankful for prayer and that I can talk to God in the middle of the night, or the middle of the day or just anytime I think about it!
I’m thankful for
Of all the things I list none would be achieved or matter without God his Son Jesus the Holy Spirit and my Family
I am thankful for the following:
1. The desire and ability to help others.
2. Being able to take care of myself.
3. Being forgiven for my past transgression.
4.Having a hope in Jesus that makes running this race continual.
5.Having a heart to Love without an agenda.
I am thankful for all things. So naming just five things is hard, but here goes:
1. God loving me so much that He gave His only begotten Son
2. Jesus dieing on the cross to save a sinner like me
3. Jesus’ grace and mercy
4. Jesus’ covering on my life
5. Jesus’ forgiving of my sins
1). I am thankful for a roof over my head
2). I am thankful for food in my kitchen & clean water at my disposal.
3). I am thankful for my loving, supportive boyfriend.
4). I am thankful for the times God hears & answers my prayers.
5). I am thankful that God has called me to this amazing career path of being a nurse.
I am thankful for:
1. I have a sound mind
1. God’s daily provision for our needs
2. Restoration of my marriage
3. Healthy family
4. Career that makes a difference
5. God’s forgiveness and grace
1) For a God that allows me to serve through a job I truly love
2) For family that care about each other
3) For being cured from a terrible illness
4) For friends that support each other in both the small and the “big” stuff
5) And, I am highly thankful for gods grace working to keep my son sober for a year yesterday after years of battling drug addiction.
He’s truly wonderful.
Five things I am greatful for are Jesus waking me up this morning.g…the fact that I am capable if going to work each day…that The Lord gives me the ability to forgive and move on from the past …That the Lord is. …That I am not who I used to be because of my relationship with Jesus…I could just go on and on of the things I am greatful for today and it’s all due to my life being changed by the one True God…..
I am thankful for:
1.Long Life(I am (75yrs)
2. Blessed assurance
Five things other than our Father and my family that I am thankful for today are: A beautiful sunny day filled with His beauty, the smell of rain and the blessings of rain for our gardens after a beautiful sunny day; co-workers that pray with me and love our Father; laughing with others I have come in contact with today; a team of workers from another department going out of their way to do a last minute job at the end of their work shift for our department – and being nice about it.
I am grateful for
1. Girlfriends in God
2. My feet that walks me
3. The warmth of the Sun
4. All my daily meals
5. I can read the Word of God
Hi . Today I’am thankful that we did not have the bad weather that was suppose to happen. I’m thankful that all my family is alive and well. I’am thankful that I have a Bible believing church who teaches God’s truth. I’am thankful for my church family. I’am thankful that God loves me. Praise God…..
Limiting us to five things other than our family and our Father God to be thankful for is a difficult task but I will attempt to keep this short. I am thankful for 1) the extraordinary doctors at the University of Washington School of Medicine who haven’t given up on trying to find out how to treat my brain tumor without radical open head surgery which would leave me a vegetable unable to speak, talk or hear; 2) (I’m not sure if this is cheating but I’m trying anyway!) My beloved church family who supports me in prayer and friendship and keeps me going when the days are at their darkest; 3) the people that our Lord brings across my path that I am given the opportunity to witness to as to His goodness, love, greatness, care as I live out each day; 4) the extremely gifted Christian songwriters and musicians God has given the gift of music to who can bring such peace into my heart when the troubles of life threaten to overwhelm me; and 5) God’s never ending grace which He pours out daily to me as His child for the forgiveness of my sins and giving me the assurance that I will one day be with Him. I like Max Lucado’s vision of grace like the ocean as it is never ending and just keeps coming and coming. That in and of itself is a miracle I cannot even begin to thank God enough for.
things I am thankful for:
1) my job
2) that I am 68 and physically able to work
3) the ability to do things for nursing home patients that does not require the giving of money but only my time and a little crocheting and sewing talent
4) the healing that my Lord has given to my husband from cancer, macular degeneration, and other serious illness
5) that I can talk directly to my heavenly Father and feel His loving arms around me.
I am thankful for:
1. The changes in my life when I accepted Jesus as my savior.
2. The way I live in trust and faith and can let go of worry.
3. Being able to stay at home with my little 8 month old and take care of and nurture him.
4. For our tiny little apartment and what little we have because God knows just what we can handle.
5. For being able to read and be filled with the Gospel.
Thank you for this devotional!
I am thankful for the sun that is shining today ; its light and warmth cheer up my heart here in wintry & grey New Zealand. I’m thankful for the neighbour’s cat who has come for a visit and is lying on the floor beside me, basking in the sunshine flooding in through the open door. It makes me smile. I have received one rejection letter after another in my job quest but on days like this, I am sure glad to be a stay at home mum learning to trust God for our every need. Always, always, I am thankful I belong to God for without Him, life would be a constant winter without a ray of hope. More and more I am thankful for the awesome power of praise for when I do remember to use it , I am awed and amazed that it really works. 🙂
I am grateful and thankful for many things but the five that come to mind are the following:
1. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head which allows me to have shelter from the storms that are outside and where I know that I am safe and able to be in a private setting that I can call my space.
2. I am thankful that I have eyes that allow me to see God’s beauty and watch my son as he is slowly growing up to be a Godly young man that I am so proud of.
3. I am thankful that I have food to eat and even though I am not working and do not have the funds to provide this food, God has provided someone who is able to assist with this and I am eternally grateful for that and this person does not know just how grateful I am.
4. I am thankful that I have a healthy body that God has also provided for me that I try my best to take care of.
5. I am most of all thankful for the strength that the Father provides me with daily as I go through the fact that I lost my job over 7 months ago and God gives me the peace and strenght to endure on a daily basis. Even though I worry and he says not to worry but pray that also assists me with the strength to carry on.
I am thankful to the Lord for:
1. Having a stable job and steady source of income
2. Growing in a church that I can also consider home and a spiritual family (unrelated by blood but strongly connected by faith)
3. Experiencing peace in my heart when I sleep at night
4. Not lacking in my basic needs and enjoying His provision even for my wants
5. Being physically healthy and strong
The sunrise I get to watch as I cross the riverways and head toward the ocean on my way to school with my son every morning;
The dimples and curly hair that make my little boy so uniquely perfect;
The wisdom to fill the voids in my life with God and not with things of this world;
The words that I reflect on daily: “All around hope is springing up from this old ground. Out of chaos life is being found in You….You make beautiful things out of the dust.” (Gungor – “Beautiful Things”)
Grace….the ability to receive it and the desire to gift it.
I am grateful for and:
1. That God is a faithful provider for what I and my husband need.
2. That He took me from a life of selfishness and greed to a humble life and filled me with humility. Amen.
3. That He is always present and loving.
4. That He touched my heart at my sister’s funeral AND placed people in my way that lead me on the right path. And the best for last
5. He is always there for me to cry on, to share a funny story with and to continually lead me wherever I need to go!
He is my Salvation, my Rock, my Comforter and Best Friend!
I am thankful for my Salvation, My spiritual family that support me through the good and bad times. My prayer warrior friends that if I ask I know they are praying, my Bible Study Sisters(i am an only child), that God has kept me safe for almost 14 years of traveling to a job I am very thankful for.
There are so many things I am thankful for! I wanted to say, though, that I especially loved this devotion because it literally hit close to home! I grew up here in Carteret County, home of the Sanitary! I’m so glad you had the chance to come to our beautiful town and especially that you used an experience here to bless so many people!
I am thankful for so much:
1) I am thankful for God’s love and protection in spite of all the wrong I have done;
2) For His mercy and grace, because without it I would be doomed;
3) When seeking a church of worship, I am thankful for Him answering my prayer to lead me to a place where I am taught His Word and challenged by His Word, WOGM;
4) Thankful for my Pastor and his family as well as my church family;
5) Thankful for a heart and life of peace and the ability to share that with others.
Finally I’m going to jump in on this daily devotional and start posting my responses.
5 Things I’m Thankful For:
1. First and foremost, I’m thankful that God has laid it on my heart lately that I need to get close in my walk with him again. The conviction has been strong, and opportunity has been put in front of my daily.
2. I’m thankful that my husband and I are on the same page about finances and starting to feel a peace about them through working to improve our situation.
3. I’m forever grateful that my husband has a job that has allowed me to be home with our kids since they were babies.
4. I’m thankful that I have a spirit that is easily satisfied. I love to live the simple life, can find pleasure in the little moments. It makes my life rich.
5. I’m thankful for the marriage my husband and I have created, that we stuck it our during the rough patches and grew stronger instead of weaker. This has built a strong family that my children get to grow up in.
I am grateful for breath and the gift of life, I am grateful that my children have a safe place to learn and attend school, I am grateful to be employed, I am grateful that God continues to bless me in ways that even I do not know and I am grateful to have been blessed with wonderful parents who did their absolute best at providing for me and raising me.
I am most grateful for my growing relationship with God, for our health, for dear friends, for religious freedom and access to so much great teaching, and for grace sufficient for today!
! – God’s Word
2 – Eyes, arms and legs that work
3 – Courage from God as I share he Gospel in the prisons of Uganda & Rwanda
4 – Friends I can trust
5 – Daily provision of absolutely everything I need
I’ve got him covered
reading todays GIG, I was moved in my heart to reconsider a lovely, lonely cousin (on the other side of the family) of my recently deceased cousin…she is a non-stop chatterbox, so I haven’t taken the time to call her a 2nd time though she called me back once…I need to call her…and give her all the time she needs!
Hi! In response to the “one” word……………urgency.
I’m a Christian woman with 2 grown sons and I’ve got incurable cancer. I’m trying not to focus on my illness. There is much praying to be done for my sons who were raised in a Christian home, but now have chosen to walk the “empty” path of life without Jesus. It pains me to no end to see the choices that they are making. However, I do not sit in judgement because I walked a very similar path prior to asking Jesus to come into my life and to cleanse me of my sins. In fact, I lived a very lonely life…choosing to drink and carouse away pain stemming from an abusive childhood. When God had enough of me damaging myself and the relationships with my sons, I cried out to Jesus for help. And, as He “always” does, He collected His prodigal daughter, (me) and tenderly dusted me off and brought me back to cleanliness and sobriety in a way that only He can do. I’ve not been the same since.
Now, “urgency” is something I feel when I think about my family and their reluctance to change their lifestyles and turn around before they lose that chance to do so. I include my ex husband in this as well because even though we are divorced and he’s remarried, we remain friends and I want to see the salvation of his soul as well as my sons.
Knowing that I cannot force anything upon anyone, I also know that it may not be in my life time that my prayers would be answered. However, I just crave that assurance that they will be with me in Heaven when the time comes. So, I end this small letter with the assurance that God gives to “me” in that “All things are possible with our most Awesome, Gracious, Magnificent and Loving God.”
p.s. all prayers for healing of this cancer are welcomed. Thank you.
3. My health
4. God’s beautiful creation
5. The roof over my head and food on my table.